Module II: by Dr. Antonio Signore and Dr. Hala Ragab
Direct bonding: Materials preview:
- Composite resins: types, properties, latest innovation and selection
- Adhesive systems: types, properties and application
- Light curing units, selection criteria and techniques used in restorative procedures
Pulp protection: When and how?
- Materials used in pulp capping: categories, properties and handling
Minimal invasive dentistry (MID):
- Concepts of Microdentistry, the use of miniburs, ultrasounds, air and sono-abrasion and their adequate restorative techniques
Posterior composite restoration:
- Cavity preparation for direct composite restoration in posterior teeth
- Color determination, fluorescence, opalescence of natural teeth and relevance in composite systems
- Anatomical layering technique
- Bulk Filling concept in posterior restorations: Sonicfill, SDR, Filtek Bulk Fill etc.
- Matrix systems and management of contact and contour
- Finishing and polishing
Repair of composite restorations: When and how?
Hypersensitivity and composite restorations
Hands-on training: class II preparation, anatomical layering and bulk filling, finishing and polishing