Master Curriculum, Capacity Building and Network Development in Traffic Safety
in Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon (MENA-SAFE)
Road traffic accidents are a growing health, social and economic problem in the partner countries Egypt, Jordan and Lebanon. Whereas EU countries, steadily and systematically reduced the numbers and severity of road accidents last decades, by implementing modern solutions and applications, the problems continue to grow in Egypt-Jordan-Lebanon. Much of this existing knowledge, practices and know-how in EU can be transferred and implemented in partner countries.
The overall aim of the project is to design, develop, adapt and implement a new M.Sc. curriculum in the field of Road Traffic Safety within joint efforts between EU-EG-JO-LB partner Universities according to Bologna requirements and EU traffic safety standards and best practices.
The developed curriculum will be based on a market analysis and job demands for graduate engineers in EG-JO-LB. The curriculum will be tailored to the problems, needs and traffic characteristics in EG-JO-LB.
Traffic Safety Master Program is accredited by the ministry of Higher Education.
- The EU-MENA Network in Traffic Safety for sharing best practices and know-how between universities and stakeholders.
- The EU-EG-JO-LB traffic accidents database for benchmarking and analysis.
- The EU-EG-JO-LB handbook of best practices in traffic accidents.
- The EU-EG-JO-LB handbook of traffic accidents standards.
This curriculum will be also supported with ICT supported platforms e.g. OpenCourseWare for sharing teaching and learning material, Webinar online meetings, etc.
- POLLTECHNIKA GDANSKA, Poland
- AI-BALQA' APPLIED UNIVERSITY, Jordan
- ALEXANDRIA UNIVERSITY, Egypt
- BEIRUT ARAB UNIVERSITY, Lebanon
- GERMAN JORDANIAN UNIVERSITY, Jordan
- LINKOPINGS UNIVERSITET, Sweden
- MENOUFIYA UNIVERSITY, Egypt
- MODERN UNIVERSITY FOR BUSINESS AND SCIENCE, Lebanon
- UNIVERSITAT POLLTECNICA DE VALENCIA, Spain
- PA-ASC MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT, Jordan