Beirut Arab University courses:
- Fundamentals of Geophysics
- Gas Production Engineering
- Hydraulic Fracturing in Unconventional Reservoirs
- Introduction to Petroleum Engineering
- Organic Chemistry
- Petroleum Drilling Systems
- Petroleum Geology
- Physical Geology
- Principles of Chemistry 2
- Reservoir Characterization
- Sedimentary Rocks
- Transportation of Hydrocarbons
- Well Logging
University of Aberdeen courses (Lab):
- Enhanced Oil Recovery
- Hydraulic Fracturing
- Drilling Engineering
- Reservoir Characterization
- Production Technology
- Renewable Energy
- Environmental Impacts
Editorial board member of an SPE publication: The Way Ahead (TWA), 2019-present.
Member of the Order of Engineers and Architects, 2012-present.
Member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), 2011-present.
Judge for the International Switch Alliance Competition 2020, 2021.
Judge for the BAU Engineering Day (Petroleum Engineering Projects), 2019.
Judge for the SPE Student Chapters Award, 2017.
Member of the student affairs in the Faculty of Engineering, BAU, 2014- 2015.
Member of the schedule committee in the Faculty of Engineering, BAU, 2014-2015.
University representative in conferences and events.
Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), 2007 – 2011.
1. Bou-Hamdan, K.F. "A 3D semi-analytical model for the interaction of proppants and rocks in a fractured reservoir". (Under Review)
2. Bou-Hamdan, K.F. (2022). "Applications of Nanomaterials in the Oil and Gas Industry". Book Chapter in Handbook of Research on Green Synthesis and Applications of Nanomaterials (2 Volumes). IGI Global. http://doi:10.4018/978-1-7998-8936-6.ch008
3. Bou-Hamdan, K.F.; Abbas, A. (2021). "Utilizing Ultrasonic Waves in the Investigation of Contact Stresses, Areas, and Embedment of Spheres in Manufactured Materials Replicating Proppants and Brittle Rocks". Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering. http://doi:10.1007/s13369-021-06409-6
4. Bou-Hamdan, K.F. (2021). "Implementation Challenges of Extended Reach Drilling and Hydraulic Fracturing Operations in Unconventional Reservoirs”. Petroleum & Petrochemical Engineering Journal Vol 5, No. 4, http://doi:10.23880/ppej-16000283
5. Bou-Hamdan, K. (2021). "Design and Implementation of an Ultrasonic Scanner Setup that is Controlled using MATLAB and a Microcontroller". Advances in Science, Technology and Engineering Systems Journal Vol. 6, No. 2, 85-92. https://doi.org/10.25046/aj060211
6. Bou-Hamdan, K. (2020). "What is concealed beneath the Lebanese offshore?". SPE The Way Ahead.
7. Bou-Hamdan, K. (2020). "An experimental approach that scans the surface area using ultrasonic waves to generate a two-dimensional image". 7th International Conference on Electrical and Electronics Engineering (ICEEE), Turkey. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICEEE49618.2020.9102557
8. Bou-Hamdan, K. (2020). "Key Design Considerations for maximizing the recovery rate of unconventional reservoirs". SPE The Way Ahead.
9. Bou Hamdan, K. (2019). "Investigating the role of proppants in hydraulic fracturing of gas shales". School of Engineering, University of Aberdeen, UK. ISNI: 0000 0004 7652 6922. (PhD Thesis)
10. Bou Hamdan, K., Harkous, R. & Abou Chakra, H. (2015). "An overview of Extended Reach Drilling: Focus on design considerations and drag analysis". 2015 International Mediterranean Gas and Oil Conference (MedGO), Lebanon. https://doi.org/10.1109/MedGO.2015.7330328