1. Université Claude Bernard-Lyon I, Lyon-France, Laboratoire des Multimatériaux et Interfaces, UMR 5615
2. National Council for Scientific Research (CNRS) - Lebanese Atomic Energy Commission (LAEC), Beirut-Lebanon, Analysis of Pesticides and Organic Pollutants Laboratory (LAPPO) and Ion Beam Analysis Laboratory (IBA)
3. Lebanese University - Faculty of Sciences I, Hadath, Beirut, Lebanon, Laboratory of Analysis of Organic Compounds (509)
- Growth and characterization of semiconductor materials.
- Kinetics and corrosion studies.
- Ab-initio calculation and spectroscopic studies.
- Environmental studies.
- Theoretical calculations and experimental studies of organic and inorganic compounds.
- Water treatment and analysis.
I supervised a number of M.Sc. and Ph.D. students at Beirut Arab University in the following areas of research:
1. Design of Novel Nanoscopic Metal Oxide Materials for Artificial Photosynthesis and Photocatalytic Degradation of Dyes. (Ph.D.)
2. Photocatalytic Degradation of Pesticides in Food Using Metal oxide Clusters. (Ph.D.)
3. Transition Metal Complexes for Treatment of Heavy Metals, Dyes, and Pesticides in Water. (Ph.D.)
4. Analytical Strategies for the Determination of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in the Meat Consumed in Lebanon. (Ph.D.)
5. Physiological and Biochemical Changes of Some Lebanese Medicinal Plants Cultivated Under Drought Stress. (Ph.D.)
6. Monitoring of Heavy Metals and Microorganisms in Fish Collected from Tripoli El-Mina. (Ph.D.)
7. Evaluation of the Characteristics of X Ray Beams used for Calibration of Dosimeters in the SSDL. (Ph.D.)
8. Monitoring of Pesticide Residues in Bovine Milk in Lebanon. (M.Sc.)
9. Physico-chemical Characteristics and Microbiological Levels in Various Drinking Water Sources of Iqlim Al-Kharroub in South Western Lebanon. (M.Sc.)
10. Electronic structure with dipole moment calculation of III-V group molecule. (M.Sc.)
11. Synthesis, Characterization, and Anticancer Activity of Ruthenium and Platinum Complexes. (Ph.D.)
12. Theoretical Studies of a Magnesium Mono-Halide Compound. (M.Sc.)
13. Theoretical Calculations of Electronic Structure with Vibration Rotation Studies of Alkaline-Earth Chalcogenide. (Ph.D.)
14. Environmental and Anthropogenic Effects on Radiocarbon Distribution in Lebanon. (Ph.D.)
15. Study of Some Green Inhibitors for Controlling the Corrosion of Steel in Acidic Solutions. (Ph.D.)
16. Theoretical Calculations of Alkaline Earth Oxides and their Applications in Electronic and Optoelectronic with Rovibrational Studies. (Ph.D.)
17. Electronic Structure of Transition Metals Sulfide. (Ph.D.)
18. Electronic Structure and Spectroscopic Studies of Diatomic Compounds Containing Silicon Atom. (Ph.D.)
19. Electronic Structure and Rovibrational Studies of Diatomic Zinc Compounds. (Ph.D.)
20. Theoretical Studies of a Diatomic Floride of Alkaline-Earth Compound. (M.Sc.)
21. Electronic Structure of Diatomic Helium Compounds. (Ph.D.)
22. Theoretical Studies of a Diatomic Compound of Mercury. (M.Sc.)
23. Studies on the Inhibition of the Acidic Corrosion of Steel by Some Nitrogen Containing Compounds. (M.Sc.)
24. Evaluation of Some Plant Extracts as Environmentally Friendly Corrosion Inhibitors. (M.Sc.)
25. Analysis of Pesticides Residues of Ground Water in South Lebanon by GC-MS. (M.Sc.)
26. Electronic Structure and Rovibrational Study of the Molecule LiF. (M.Sc.)
27. Experimental and Theoretical Spectral Studies of Some Pyrimidine Derivatives. (M.Sc.)
28. Solvent Effects on the Kinetics of Aquation of Some Metal Complexes in Dicarboxylate Media. (Ph.D)
29. Solvent Effects on the Kinetics of Solvolysis of Cobalt(III) Complexes in Binary Organic Aqueous Media. (M.Sc.)
30. Spectrometric Kinetic Study of Solute-Solvent Interactions for the Solvolysis of Cobalt(III) Complexes in Binary Organic Aqueous Mixtures. (M.Sc.)
31. Analysis of Some Selected Drugs Containing Nitrogen Atom. (M.Sc.)
32. Analysis of some selected drugs containing heteroatoms. (M.Sc.)
33. New Approach in the Perturbation Theory for the Representation of the Eigenvalue and Eigenfunction. (M.Sc.)
34. Analysis of some antihyperlipidemic drugs. (M.Sc.)
35. Potential Energy Curves and Spectroscopic Calculation of the Electronic States of the Molecule LiRb. (M.Sc.)
36. Direct Method for the Synthesis of Penta-Substituted Guanidine Derivatives by Using Chloroformamidinium Salts. (M.Sc.)
37. Modeling Chlorine Propagation in Water Networks Northern Suburb of Beirut-Motaileb Rabieh Region. (M.Sc.)
38. Kinetics of Aquation of Some Cobalt(III) Complex Ions in Mixed Solvents. (M.Sc.)
39. Experimental and Theoretical Spectral Studies of Some Heterocyclic Compounds. (M.Sc.)
40. Thermodynamic Behavior of Some Ion Pairs in Mixed Solvents. (M.Sc.)
Refereed International Journal Articles
1. V. Merlin, T. Minh Duc, G. Younes, Y. Monteil, V. Soulière, P. Regreny, “Misorientation effect on the monolayer terrace topography of (100) InP substrates annealed under a PH3/H2 ambient and homoepitaxial layers grown by metal organic chemical vapor deposition”, Journal of Applied Physics, 78(8), pp. 5048-5052, 1995.
2. M. Bouslama, Y. Monteil, G. Younes, C. Jardin, M. Ghamia, “Effects of the electron beam on InP(100)”, Vacuum, 47(1), pp. 27-32, 1996.
3. M. Korek, G. Younes , A. R. Allouche, “Theoretical study of the low-lying electronic states of the molecular ion KRb+”, International Journal of Quantum Chemistry, 92(4), pp. 376-380, 2003.
4. Ghassan Younes, Gabriel Ferro, Christophe Jacquier, Jacques Dazord, Yves Monteil, “Nature effect of the gas during high temperature treatments of 4H-SiC substrates”, Applied Surface Science, 207(1-4), pp. 200-207, 2003.
5. C. Jacquier, G. Ferro, F. Cauwet, J. C. Viala, G. Younes, Y. Monteil, “On the growth of 4H-SiC by low temperature liquid phase epitaxy in Al rich Al-Si melts”, Journal of Crystal Growth, 254(1-2), pp. 123-130, 2003.
6. M. Roumié, M. Hageali, K. Zahraman, B. Nsouli, G. Younes, “Characterization of electroless Au, Pt and Pd contacts on CdTe and ZnTe by RBS and SIMS Techniques”, Nuclear Instruments and Methods B, 219/220, pp. 871-874, 2004.
7. Gehan M. El-Subruiti, Ghassan O. Younes, Farah S. Zeitouni and Mohamed F. Amira, “Effect of Solvent and Structure on the Kinetics and Mechanism of the Aquation of Bromopentaamine Cobalt(III) Complex in Binary Aqueous Mixtures”, International Journal of Chemical Kinetics, 36, pp. 494-499, 2004.
8. A. Hasanein, G. El-Subruiti, G. Younes and M. Srour, “Spectral studies on some pyrimidime derivatives in different solvents”, Journal of Solution Chemistry, 33 (12), pp. 1481-1499, 2004.
9. M. Korek, G. Younes, “Electronic Transition Moment With Spin-Orbit Coupling Of The Molecular Ion KRb+”, International Journal of Quantum Chemistry, 101(1), pp. 84-89, 2005.
10. M. Soueidan, G. Ferro, J. Dazord, Y. Monteil, G. Younes, “Surface preparation of α-SiC for the epitaxial growth of 3C–SiC”, Journal of Crystal Growth, 275, pp. 1011-1016, 2005.
11. Ayman El-Faham, Mohamed Chebbo, Mohamed Abdul-Ghani and Ghassan Younes, “Chloroformamidinium Salts: Efficient Reagents for Preparation of 2-Aminobenzoimidazole, 2-Aminobenzoxazole, and 2-Aminobenzothiazole Derivatives”, Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, 43, pp. 1-8, 2006.
12. M. Soueidan, G. Ferro, B. Nsouli, F. Cauwet, J. Dazord, G. Younes and Y. Monteil, “Effect of growth parameters on the heteroepitaxy of 3C-SiC on 6H-SiC substrate by chemical vapor deposition”, Materials Science and Engineering B, 130, pp. 66-72, 2006.
13. M. Soueidan, G. Ferro, B. Nsouli, F. Cauwet, L. Mollet, C. Jacquier, G. Younes, Y. Monteil, “Low temperature homoepitaxial growth of -SiC on on-axis (0001) substrate by Vapor-Liquid-Solid mechanism”, Journal of Crystal Growth, 293(2), pp. 433-437, 2006.
14. Gehan M. El-Subruiti, Ghassan O. Younes, Farah S. Zeitouni, Mohamed F. Amira “Spectrometric Study of Solute–Solvent Interactions for the Solvolysis of Chloropentaamine Cobalt(III) Complex in Binary Aqueous Mixtures”, International Journal of Chemical Kinetics, 40(7), pp. 416-422, 2008.
15. Ghassan Younes, “Thermodynamic studies of dissociation reactions of some dicarboxylic acids in 20% (w/w) acetonitrile – water mixture”, Journal of Chemical Research, Issue 8, pp. 444-449, 2008.
16. M. Korek, G. Younes and S. Al-Shawa, “Theoretical Calculation of the Electronic Structure of Molecule LiRb Including the Spin-Orbit Interaction”, Journal of Molecular Structure: THEOCHEM 899, pp. 25-31, 2009.
17. Gehan El-Subruiti, Ghassan Younes and Manal Jaber, “Kinetic Studies of Solute-Solvent Interactions in the Solvolysis of Trans-[Co(4-tert-butylpyridine)4Cl2)ClO4 in Organic-Aqueous Mixtures”, Progress in Reaction Kinetics and Mechanism Vol. 36, pp. 73–83, 2011.
18. Farah Samih Zeitouni, Gehan Moustafa El-Subruiti, Ghassan Omar Younes and Mohammad Fawzi Amira, “Studies on ion-pairing effects of the kinetics of aquation of bromopentaammine cobalt(III) complex in malonate media”, European Journal of Chemistry Vol 2 (4), pp. 489-494, 2011.
19. Ghassan Younes, Gabriel Ferro, Maher Soueidan, Arnaud Brioude, Veronique Souliere, François Cauwet, “Deposition of nanocrystalline translucent h-BN films by chemical vapor deposition at high temperature”, Thin Solid Films Vol. 520, pp. 2424–2428, 2012.
20. Rana Baydoun, Omar El Samad, Maria Aoun, Bilal Nsouli and Ghassan Younes, “Set-Up, Optimization and First Set of Samples at the Radiocarbon Laboratory in Lebanon”, Geochronometria, 41(1), 87-91, 2013.
21. F. Jardali, M. Korek, G. Younes, “Theoretical calculation of the low-lying doublet electronic states of the SrF molecule”, Canadian Journal of Physics, 92(10), 1223-1231, 2014.
22. Rana Baydoun, Omar El Samad, Bilal Nsouli, Ghassan Younes, “Seasonal Variation of Radiocarbon Content in Plant Leaves in a 14C-Depleted Area”, Radiocarbon, Vol 57, Nr 3, p 1–7, 2015.
23. Rana Baydoun, Omar El Samad, Bilal Nsouli, Ghassan Younes, “Measurement of 14C Content in Leaves Near a Cement Factory in Mount Lebanon”, Radiocarbon, Vol 57, Nr 1, p 153–159, 2015.
24. Lobna Youssef, Ghassan Younes, Abir Kouzayha and Farouk Jaber, “Occurrence and Levels of Pesticides in South Lebanon Water”, Chemical speciation & Bioavailability, 2015.
25. Hanan Rahal, Ashraf Abdel-Gaber, Ghassan Younes, “Inhibition of Steel Corrosion in Nitric Acid by Sulfur Containing Compounds”, Chemical Engineering Communications, 2015.
26. Sally Al Shawa, Nayla El-Korek, Ghassan Younes, Mahmoud Korek, “Theoretical Calculation of the Low-Lying Electronic States of the Molecule BaS”, Journal of Modern Physics, 6, 610-621, 2015.
27. Khadija M. Hijazi, A. M. Abdel-Gaber, G. O. Younes, “Electrochemical Corrosion Behavior of Mild Steel in HCl and H2SO4 Solutions in Presence of Loquat Leaf Extract”, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 10, 4366 – 4380, (2015).
28. Khadija M. Hijazi, A. M. Abdel-Gaber, G. O. Younes, “Influence of Malus domestica and Caesalpinia bonducella Leaf Extracts on the Corrosion Behaviour of Mild Steel in H2SO4 Solution”, Int. J. Electrochem. Sci., 10, 4779 – 4792, (2015).
29. Sally Al Shawa, Nayla El-Kork, Ghassan Younes, Mahmoud Korek, “Theoretical study with dipole moment calculation of new electronic states of the molecule BF”, Nanothechnology Reviews, 5(3), 363 – 368, (2015).
30. Sally Shawa, Mahmoud Korek, Ghassan Younes, Nayla El-Kork, “Theoretical Calculation of the Low-Lying Electronic States of the Molecule BaS”, Journal of Modern Physics, 6, 610-621, (2015).
31. Karam Hamdan, Ghassan Younes, Mahmoud Korek, “Dipole Moment and Electronic Structure Calculations of the Electronic States of the Molecule SiC below 97000cm-1”, Modern Applied Science; Vol. 10, No. 11; p 192 – 202, (2016).
32. Karam Hamdan, Ghassan Younes, Mahmoud Korek, “Dipole Moment and Electronic Structure Calculations of the Electronic States of the molecular ion SiN+”, Applied Physics Research; Vol. 8, No. 4; p 1 – 10, (2016).
33. N. Melhem, H. El Balaa, G. Younes and Z. Al Kattar, “Characteristics of the narrow spectrum beams used in the secondary standard dosimetry laboratory at the Lebanese Atomic Energy Commission”, Radiation Protection Dosimetry, 1 – 8, (2016).
34. Rana Baydoun, Omar El Samad, Bilal Nsouli and Ghassan Younes, “Method Validation for the
Determination of Fraction of Modern (F14C) in Wood Samples using Conventional Method”,
Geochronemetria; 45, 68-73, (2018).
35. I. R. Saad, A. M. Abdel-Gaber, G. O. Younes, B. Nsouli, “Corrosion Inhibition of Mild Steel in
Acidic Solutions Using 1,2,4-Triazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidine”, Russian Journal of Applied
Chemistry; Volume 91, Issue 2, pp 245–252, (2018).
36. I. R. Saad, A. M. Abdel-Gaber, G. O. Younes, B. Nsouli, “Thiourea and N-Methylthiourea as
Corrosion Inhibitors for Steel in Phosphoric Acid”, J Fail. Anal. and Preven.; V 18, I 5, pp
37. Farah Samih Zeitouni, Mohammad Fawzi Amira, Gehan Moustafa El-Subruiti and Ghassan
Omar Younes, “Comparison of the leaving groups during the study of the aquation of
halopentaammine cobalt(III) complex in tartarate at different percentage of tert-butanol”,
European Journal of Chemistry; 9(3), 228-235, (2018).
Refereed Papers in Conference Proceedings
38. G. Younes, G. El-Subruiti, K. Hamdan, M. Amira, “Thermodynamics Studies on the first and
the second dissociation reactions of succinic acid in tert-butanol/water mixtures”, Proceedings
of the International Conference on Research Trends in Science and Technology, Lebanese
American University, Beirut, Lebanon, pp. 115-123, March 4-6, 2002.
39. Ghassan Younes, Gabriel Ferro, Christophe Jaquier, Jacques Dazord, Yves Monteil,
“Comparison between Ar and N2 for high temperature treatment of 4H-SiC substrates”,
Materials Science Forum, 433-436, pp. 119-122, 2003.
40. M. Kahil, G. Younes, A. Hammoud, K. Baghdady, “Modeling Chlorine Propagation in Water
Networks Northern Suburb of Beirut-Mtaileb Rabieh Region”, Proceedings of the International
Conference on Water & Wastewater Europe 2004, Fira de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain. May
41. M. Soueidan, G. Ferro, F. Cauwet, L. Mollet, C. Jacquier, G. Younes, Y. Monteil, “Using
Vapour-Liquid-Solid mechanism for SiC homoepitaxial growth on on-axis α-SiC (0001) at low
temperature”, Materials Science Forum, 527-529, pp. 271-274, 2006.
42. M. Soueidan, G. Ferro, B. Nsouli, N. Habka, V. Soulière, G. Younes, K. Zahzaman, J.M. Bluet
and Y. Monteil, “Boron Doping during Vapor-Liquid-Solid Growth of Homoepitaxial 4H-SiC
Layers”, Materials Science Forum, 556-557, pp. 65-68, 2007.
43. K. Zahraman, G. Younes, B. Nsouli, M. Soueidan, G. Ferro, “Optimization of the Particle
Induced X-ray Emission (PIXE) Technique for the Quantification of Thin Al Films Depositedonto Si Substrate”, Proceeding of the Second Arab International Conference in Physics and
Materials Science (CPMS), Alexandria, Egypt, October 27 - 29, 2007.
44. B. Nsouli, K. Zahraman, A. Bejjani, G. Younes, M. Roumié, S. Assi, F. El-Yazbi, R.
Mahmoud, M. Noun and J.P. Thomas, “On the Quantification of Atorvastatin and Celecoxib
Active Ingredients in Commercial Solid Drugs using the TT-PIXE and TT-PIGE Techniques”,
Proceeding for the International Topical Meeting on Nuclear Research Applications and
Utilization of Accelerators, Vienna, Austria, May 4 – 8, 2009.
45. G. Younes, “Quantification of Atorvastatin and Amlodipine Active Ingredients in Caduet
Commercial Solid Drug using the TT-PIXE and TT-PIGE Techniques”, Proceeding of the Third
Arab International Conference in Physics and Materials Science (CPMS), Bibliotheca
Alexandria, Egypt, October 20 - 22, 2009.
46. Ghassan Younes, Gabriel Ferro, Maher Soueidan, Arnaud Brioude, François Cauwet, “Growth
of Nanocrystalline Translucent h-BN Films Deposited by CVD at High Temperature on SiC
Substrates”, Materials Science Forum, 645-648, pp. 1191-1194, 2010.
47. Maher Soueidan, Bilal Nsouli, Gabrial Ferro and Ghassan Younes, “On the quantification of Al
incorporated in SiC material using Particle Induced X-Ray Emission technique”, Materials
Science Forum, 679-680, pp. 189-192, 2011.
48. Farah Zeitouni, Gehan El-Subruiti, Ghassan Younes and Mohammad Amira, “Kinetics of Ion-
Pair Effect of Aquation of Bromopentaammine Cobalt(III) Complex in Different Dicarboxylate
Media”, Advanced Materials Research Vol. 324, pp 166-169, 2011.
49. Ghassan Younes, Maher Soueidan, Gabriel Ferro, Khaled Zahraman and Bilal. Nsouli, “On the
Characterization of Ultra Thin Al Films Deposited onto SiC Substrate Using PIXE Technique”,
Advanced Materials Research Vol. 324, pp 302-305, 2011.
50. A. Bejjani, B. Nsouli, K. Zahraman, S. Assi, G. Younes, F. Yazbi, “Swift Quantification of
Fenofibrate and Tiemonium methylsulfate Active Ingredients in Solid Drugs Using Particle
Induced X-ray Emission”, Advanced Materials Research Vol. 324, pp 318-323, 2011.
51. Ghassan Younes, Gehan El-Subruiti and Ahmed A. Hasanein, “FTIR Spectra of Some
Pyrimidine Derivatives: AM1, PM3 and ab initio Calculations”, Advanced Materials Research
Vol. 324, pp 332-335, 2011.
52. N. Melhem, H. El Balaa, G. Younes and Z. Al Kattar, “Characteristics of the Therapy Spectrum
Beams used in the Secondary Standard Dosimetry Laboratory at the Lebanese Atomic Energy
Commission”, IEEE, 3rd Middle East Conference on Biomedical Engineering (MECBME), pp
134 – 139, (2016).