About the Drama Club
The Drama Club at Beirut Arab University is an extracurricular activity focused on helping students develop their talents and boost their self-confidence, creativity, and communication skills. We provide a platform for students to explore acting, put on plays, and work on stage, all leading to an exciting annual performance.
Joining the Drama Club is simple and enjoyable:
- Applications: Fill out an easy online form to reserve your spot at our auditions, held at the beginning of the fall semester.
- Auditions: Showcase your talent in front of our friendly Drama Club committee during the second or third week of the fall semester. Successful candidates move on to the next stage.
- Workshops: Our experienced team of artistic specialists conducts practical sessions to improve your skills, both on and off the stage.
- Rehearsals: Dive into the world of theater as you prepare for the final performances. Whether you’re handling sound and lights or performing on stage, we’ll guide you every step of the way.
- Performance: Shine on stage at the end of the spring semester. We also participate in cultural festivals hosted by other universities and organizations. All our performances are open to the public and completely free of charge.
Founded in 1996 by a passionate group of students, the Drama Club has a rich history. With the support of Wissam Sabbagh, a BAU graduate, our first performance, “Be’id Ankon” (God Forbid), was a big success, setting the stage for years of excellence.
The Drama Club has been a launchpad for talented individuals who have made their mark in the entertainment industry. This includes producer Hussien Jaber and actors/voice-over artists Hassan Masri, Rana Rifai, Rania Hamandi, and Rana Bahlawan.
We take pride in our achievements, including:
- 2003 AL Moultaka AL Fanni Best Performance Award for “Barrat EL Jaw”
- 2003 AL Moultaka AL Fanni Best Actor Award for Hassan Masri in “Barrat RL Jaw”
- 2003 AL Moultaka AL Fanni Best Direction Award for Hassan Masri in “Barrat RL Jaw”
- 2006 Daraj AL Gemmayze Best Performance Award for “Jomhoureyat Al Mawz” (Banana Republic)
- 2008 Universities Theatre Festival Best Performance Award for “Coma”
- 2011 4th Universities Theatre Festival Best Performance Award for “Yalli Khelie Elie” (He Who Is Born Is Stuck)
- 2011 5th Universities Theatre Festival Best Performance Award for “Banete Khabsa Wel Baee Labsa” (As Long As They Are Happy)
- 2011 7th Universities Theatre Festival Best Performance Award for “Mahlouleh” (All Set)