Brief Description :
Microbiology lab encompasses a broad range of testing methodologies and studying of organisms using methods to isolate and identify them.
Topics include :
- Bacterial smear preparation.
- Identification of bacterial morphology using different staining techniques.
- Water analysis.
- Study the bacterial growth.
- Bacterial count in different samples to detect its sanitary.
- Biochemical tests for bacterial identification.
- Collection and handling of laboratory specimens.
- Perform various clinical laboratory procedures including specimen processing, isolation, identification and susceptibility testing of bacterial pathogens.
Major equipments used in the laboratory :
- Light microscopes
- Water bath
- Distilled water machine
- Centrium Microcentrifuge
- Centrium Centrifuge
- Incubator shaker
- pH meter
- Colony counter
Laboratory serves the following courses (Fall/Spring2017/2018) :
|BIOL 226(Health Science)
|MELS 308 (Health Science)
||Clinical laboratory Bacteriology
Laboratory Information :
- Building: D
- Floor: B1
- Capacity: 15
- Contact Name: Dr. Fatema Mchad
- Ext: 4028