The Microbiology Research Facility opened in 2016 and completely launched in 207. It is the home to the Department of Biology as well as other faculty from across Science.
The microbiology specialized laboratory aims to provide a detailed understanding of the important biological processes and transfer them to the industrial environment with various and innovative methods. Our microorganism groups used in studies are bacteria, fungi and algae.
Infrastructure of the Laboratory
Vacuum Freeze Dryer, Microscopes, Steam Sterilizer, Incubator, Shaking incubators, Cooling Incubator, Nitrogen Distiller Kjeldahl, Centrifuge, Autoclave, Fermenter, Computerized UV Spectrophotometer, Natural Convection Oven, Colony counter, Thermostatic water bath, Hotplate stirrer.
- Applying microbiology and biotechnology research methods (Biodegradation, Bioremediation).
- Microbiological food analysis,
- Isolation and Characterization of different bacterial and fungal strains.
- Study of the antimicrobial and antifungal effects of several natural products on pathogenic microorganisms.
- Purification and characterization of enzymes produced by isolated microorganisms.
- Optimization of microbial products and metabolites.