The research activities in the Department of Chemistry focus as well on Advanced Materials, particularly, on the synthesis and structural characterization of novel nano-materials and their use in water treatment, corrosion control, protein crystallization, biological and medicinal applications, as well as homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis. Research activities of the Department also extend to studying pressing environmental problems.
- L. Youssef , G. O. Younes and R. Al-Oweini, “Photocatalytic degradation of atrazine by heteropolyoxotungstates”, Journal of Taibah University Vol. 13, No.1; pp 274–279, (2019).
- F. Yahya, H. El-Rassy, G. O. Younes & R. Al-Oweini, “Synthesis and characterisation of mesoporous hybrid silica-polyoxometalate aerogels for photocatalytic degradation of rhodamine B and methylene blue”, International Journal of Environmental Analytical Chemistry, (2019).
- R. Baydoun, O. El Samad, B. Nsouli and G. O. Younes, “Method Validation for the Determination of Fraction of Modern(F14C) in Wood Samples using Conventional Method”,Geochronemetria 45, 68-73, (2018).
- N. Jisr, G. O. Younes, C. Sukhn, M. H. El-Dakdouki, “Length-weight relationships and relative condition factor of fish inhabiting the marine area of the Eastern Mediterranean city, Tripoli-Lebanon”, Egyptian Journal of Aquatic Research vol. 44, pp 299-305, (2018).
- Al-Moghrabi. R. S., Abdel-Gaber. A. M., & Rahal. H. T., “A comparative study on the inhibitive effect of Crataegus oxyacantha and Prunus avium plant leaf extracts on the corrosion of mild steel in hydrochloric acid solution”, International Journal of Industrial Chemistry 9(3),255263,(2018), https://doi.org/10.1007/s40090-018-0154-3
- R. S. Al-Moghrabi, A.M. Abdel-Gaber, H. T.Rahal, “Corrosion Inhibition of Mild Steel in Hydrochloric and Nitric Acid Solutions Using Willow Leaf Extract”, Protection of Metals and Physical Chemistry of Surfaces. Vol. 55, No. 3, pp. 603–607, (2019), https://doi.org/10.1134/S207020511903003.
- Abdel-Gaber. A. M., Awad,.R., Rahal. H. T. & Moussa,.D. , “Electrochemical Behavior of Composite Nanoparticles on the Corrosion of Mild Steel in Different Media, Journal of Bio-and Tribo-Corrosion, 5(2), 49, (2019). https://doi.org/10.1007/s40735-019-0241-9.