The Specialized Water and Soil Analysis unit utilizes cutting edge instrumentation to perform full service analytical environmental testing in emerging organic and inorganic contaminants. A variety of techniques to determine the elemental composition of variable materials including petroleum products, environmental samples, biological tissues or artificial polymers are widely used.
Infrastructure of the Laboratory
Atomic Absorption Spectrometers (AAS), Calorimeter Visible Merck Spectroquant, Ultraviolet-Visible spectrophotometer, Aqua Quest Spectrophotometer for Water Analysis, Diet Quest Spectrophotometer for Water Analysis Spectra Analyzer, Shaker Incubator, Bacterial Incubator, Kjeldahl Nitrogen, Dissolved oxygen meter, Flame Photometer, Prime lab 1.0 Multitest Photometer, Near IR Spectra Analyzer, Conductivity meter, pH-meter.
This organic area is focused on the basic techniques of:
- Water and soil analysis
- Modified supra-molecular and nano-materials for water treatment
- Modified biomass and activated carbon for the removal of dyes and heavy metals from waste water
- Determination of trace metals, pesticides in tissues, sediments and water
- Quantitative determination of organic nitrogen in chemical substances
- Analysis of dairy product, meat and other food products, snacks, grains, animal feed, chemicals, and pharmaceuticals.
- All methods follow international quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) standards.