What is ILL/DDS Service
The Inter Library Loan service allows user to borrow items not available at BAU libraries starting October 2011 BAU library became a member in LIDS.
What is LIDS
LIDS is a network of Academic libraries in Lebanon whose main objective in the broadest sense is to share documents not available in the user’s local library thus increasing access to information materials for students, faculty and staff of the participating libraries.
- LAU (Lebanese American University)
- NDU (Notre Dame University)
- UOB (University Of Balamand)
- MEU (Middle East University)
- USEK (Universite Saint Esprit De Kaslik)
- USJ (Saint – Joseph University)
- Haigazian (Haigazian University)
- BAU (Beirut Arab University)
- AUB (American University of Beirut)
- Banque du Liban
Borrowers and Limitations
||Number of items allowed per year
- Copies of articles and chapters: these are non- returnable materials; user can keep the copies.
- Books : these are returnable materials ; the loan period is 14 days.
- AV materials might be or might not be available for loan depending on the lending library.
How to order /to submit a request
Services are offered free of charges.
Users should fills ILL/DDS online forms .Before ordering , you have to check the library catalog and the online databases to ensure that the requested item is not available at BAU Library . User must fill a separate form for each separate request.
Usually it takes one week to receive materials from the lending library.
Notification and Alerts
Users will be notified by email when the requested materials.
Users have to return materials to the Circulation Department . They are responsible of any lost or damaged materials.
BAU Libraries observes the Lebanese copy right law.
How do I contact the ILL/DDS?
Hana Baghdadi: firstname.lastname@example.org